Below is a step-by-step guide on how to setup Document (Photo, Form & Document) Storage on your devices, as well as how to connect the Location Documents inside SuccessWare21.
*Note* You may need assistance from your IT Professionals to help with the setup side of this process.
The SWRemote Customer Experience Team is here to help you. If you run into any confusion or have any questions please let us know. We can also schedule a time for a screen sharing session if you need assistance with the SuccessWare21 integration. We can be reached at 1-800-566-6940 or by email at Support@swremote.com.
You may have a dropbox account already, which will work, however as your document storage increases you may be required to upgrade to the Dropbox Pro account, which is a paid version in order to increase your storage space.
Seeing as you connect to a Dropbox account, other members of your team will also have access to this account, so you may wish to sign up for a new account.
- Log into the admin website with your credentials (These are the same credentials you would use to register devices)
- Click on the Companies tab on the left.
- Scroll down to the second section, named Documents & Photos
- Tap on the button labeled ‘Integrate w/ Dropbox’
- This will bring you to dropbox.com sign in page.
- Sign into your Dropbox you will be using. (If you do not yet have a Dropbox account, you can create one here)
- This should now bring you to a screen that will allow SWRemote to access with your Dropbox account.
- Tap Allow
- Your Dropbox should now be linked, and the button you had originally tapped should now be red, and say ‘Disconnect from Dropbox’. Below the button, you will see your Dropbox's account name listed. This indicates that you are now setup to take, and view photos, and store documents to be viewed inside SWRemote.
First, you will need to decide whether the Dropbox client will sync files to each computer or if you have a file server and prefer to point to a mapped network drive on that server.
If you don't have a file server you will be pointing all machines to, the Dropbox client must be installed to each local work station (Step B.2).
*Note: SuccessWare21 ASP users need to Map Dropbox to the T: drive or the S: drive. This has to be the case when you have SuccessWare21 hosted with Synoptek or Advance 2000.
However when hosting SuccessWare21 on your own server (LAN), you can choose any Drive you would like to point to.
B 1. File Server Configuration
- If you have a File Server or are exclusively a LAN setup, you don't need to Map a drive letter to the Dropbox folder. You need to share the Dropbox folder across the network and then point the Location Documents in SuccessWare21 to the shared Dropbox Folder.
- If you do choose a drive letter, it can be any letter for LAN Setups. If you are a SuccessWare21 ASP customer, you must map the Dropbox folder to be S: or T:.
- If you don't want the Dropbox client to downloaded onto each computer, you can create a Mapped Network Drive and share this on your network to each computer that needs access to SuccessWare21's Location Documents/Dropbox.
- Most likely when re-directing the Location Documents on server, all other work station need to log out and back in to see the change.
- Once each work station can see Dropbox shared from the server (as a Mapped Network Drive), you can move to Step C by clicking HERE.
- If you already have the Location Documents pointing to a folder on your server and the filepath is correct, you make a folder called "Dropbox" or something similar and move the (sw21storage), one level below "Dropbox", so the filepath looks like the following: Dropbox folder root > (sw21storage) > SW21 Master ID # > company id # > (locations) > individual customer location IDs. Then you can change the Dropbox Location to point to the "Dropbox" folder.
Note: You may already have the filepath setup correctly. As long as there is a main folder above (sw21storage),then you can just redirect the Dropbox Location to that root folder. It is imperative that two things happen in this situation. The Filepath must not change in anyway and also Dropbox must sync to the Root folder.
B 2. Mapping a Folder in Windows 7, 8 & 10 using the "NT Wind" product 'Visual-Subst'
- Go to http://www.ntwind.com/software/utilities/visual-subst.html and select the Free Download link.
- Navigate to the download folder (the location will be dependent on your computer) and extract the .Zip file. You may have the download appear at the bottom of your browser, if so you can click it there.
- Double click on the file exe. Extract All and then Run (this program needs to remain installed on each computer and to run at startup).
This will open the Visual Subst application.
Next you will need to determine the location of your Dropbox installation. It can be found by looking here:
C > User > Username > Dropbox
- In the Visual Sbst app, click the magnifying class and then navigate to the location where Dropbox resides, select it and click OK.
- Once you have selected the location, use the drop down to select the drive letter you wish to assign. You should select “S:”
- Finally, click the plus button ( ) to add the drive mapping.
Be sure to select “Apply Virtual Drives on Windows Startup” before closing the window. This will assure that the drive mapping is recreated each time you restart your computer.
When you restart your computer, the drive letter will be added to your list of drives and when selected will take you directly to the Dropbox folder.
This drive assignment will need to be performed on each workstation that will need to access location documents.
- You can now move below to step C.
*Visual Sust must remain installed and it must run on system startup to continually ensure Dropbox is mapped.
C. Pointing SuccessWare21's Location Documents to the Mapped Drive
*Note - If you are already using the Location Documents, before you point to Dropbox, you will need to take note of the old file path. Once the new Filepath is pointed to Dropbox, you will need to merge the old Location Documents into the new Dropbox Location Documents setup.
Here is the path you will navigate through in SuccessWare21, in order to point the Location Documents to Dropbox:
21 > Setup > Company > ‘Other’ Tab > Edit Button > “Location Documents Setup…”
The SWRemote Support team is always willing and able to help. We're available both by phone 1-800-566-6940 and by email at email@example.com.
If you have any questions please let us know.
These may also help you:
Help! I need assistance connecting SuccessWare21 and Dropbox!
If you are having trouble with Step 3, Connecting Dropbox to SuccessWare21, we would be happy to schedule a time for a screen sharing session and we can walk you through the process.
Please go through this checklist first:
Can your I.T. person be present?
Are you signed up with a Dropbox.com account already?
If 2GB won't be enough space, you will need to upgrade to the paid Pro account.
Are your S: or T: Drives free? SuccessWare21 only let's these two drive letters to be mapped when your host with Synoptek and Advance 2000. If you host in hosue with a LAN setup, you do not need to worry about specific drive letters.
Dropbox integration FAQ
Last but not least, if you could share this with your I.T. person, that will help.